Arthritis in dogs can develop at any age although it’s more common in senior dogs. The most prevalent form is osteoarthritis which can cause painful swollen joints. Arthritis can be caused by wear and tear, injuries and also genetics. Unfortunately, some breeds of dogs are more prone to arthritis by their genes.
There are many signs you can look out for that your dog may be suffering from arthritis, these can be:
- Stiffness, limping & lameness
- Difficulty getting up
- Slower pace whilst out walking
- Tiredness (sleeping more than usual)
- Licking and chewing of paw/limb
- Urinating Indoors
No one knows your dog better than you; if you notice any changes it’s always best to have a veterinarian check your dog over.
There are many great supplements available that can help dogs suffering from arthritis, let’s take a look at some of our customer’s favourites.
A delicious, easy to administer combination of natural ingredients. Formulated to boost joint health and aid the development and maintenance of tendons and connective tissue. Beaphar Joint Paste contains glucosamine which has been shown to assist the production of cartilage. Which supports the body’s natural synovial fluid production, thus allowing for the smoother movement of joints and ligaments.
A vet strength formula with Glucosamine, Chondroitin and Vitamin E. To maintain your dog’s joints, helping to keep them supple for smooth, pain-free movement.
- Beaphar Joint Tablets contain high levels of Glucosamine. Which aids in the production and rebuilding of cartilage, allowing for smoother joint movement.
- Also rich in Chondroitin (which is often used in human healthcare for its anti-inflammatory effects).
- They will also help to maintain cartilage and keep ligaments and muscles strong.
Fenugreek has anti-inflammatory properties and in this medicine, it’s complemented by garlic, which as well as having antibiotic, antiseptic and anti-viral properties also contains anti-inflammatory compounds. As a result, this licensed herbal medicine is used to relieve the symptoms of arthritis but it can also be used for the symptomatic relief of minor infections, skin conditions and coughs.
It can be useful in pets with atopic dermatitis (eczema), or cystitis. Given regularly at a maintenance dose, Garlic and Fenugreek Tablets can increase resistance to infections by supporting the immune system and are also given to promote general health. This medicine is often used alongside Mixed Vegetable Tablets, as together they have a synergistic effect, meaning together the effects are greater than if used individually.
Using the most concentrated and easy to absorb form of high-grade glucosamine hydrochloride. Provides the building blocks to manufacture collagen and proteoglycans in the joint cartilage and the synovial membrane which produces the fluid lubricating the joints. Chondroitin has an additive effect alongside glucosamine helping to maintain flexibility and mobility.
A blend of nutrients to support joint health, reduce pain and improve flexibility in cats and dogs.
- Formula includes glucosamine and chondroitin to help protect and build new cartilage
- With green-lipped mussel, a natural anti-inflammatory
- Rich in beneficial omega 3s
- MSM and manganese support flexible joints
- Easy does powder, just mix with meals
Perfect to help keep your ageing loved one fit, happy & healthy. As they say ‘there’s life in the old dog yet!’ Also helps support ligaments, joints & musculoskeletal systems.
- Size – 330ml approx 60 capfuls
- MADE IN UK
Ingredients: Alfalfa, Devils Claw, Gingko, Hawthorn & Burdock.