Over eight thousand years ago our hunter/gatherer ancestors ate flax along with other grasses. Flaxseed Oil contains high levels of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids and omega 9 fatty acids in the ratio of 4:1:1. Because omega-3 fatty acids easily become rancid, they are removed from food during processing, thus a diet already low in omega-3 fatty acids becomes even lower, and it is difficult to replace these from food alone.
Natures Aid Flaxseed Oil 1000mg 90 Softgels
Over eight thousand years ago our hunter/gatherer ancestors ate flax along with other grasses. Flaxseed Oil contains high levels of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids and omega 9 fatty acids in the ratio of 4:1:1. Because omega-3 fatty acids easily become rancid, they are removed from food during processing, thus a diet already low in omega-3 fatty acids becomes even lower, and it is difficult to replace these from food alone. To compound the problem, omega-3’s are very fragile and easily destroyed by heating. The increase in levels of omega-6 and an 80% decrease in omega-3 fatty acids in our diets over the last 100 years has been blamed by some for the increase of degenerative diseases. Taking a Flaxseed Oil supplement helps restore the balance.
- Heart health – Flaxseed Oil has been shown to help maintain normal serum triglycerides and cholesterol (blood fats) levels. Omega-3’s have been associated with a lower incidence of high blood pressure and blood clots. Flaxseed Oil is thought to reduce elevated levels of homocysteine (high levels of which are believed to be major risk factors in heart disease).
- Calorie loss mechanism – Essential fatty acids (EFAs) stimulate metabolism, increase metabolic rate and speed up the rate at which our body burns fat and glucose.
- Female health – Flaxseed Oil is thought to regulate hormone levels and relieve some of the symptoms of the menopause such as hot flushes and yeast infections due to vaginal dryness. It can also be useful when suffering from PMS.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – Omega-3 fatty acids contain a natural anti-inflammatory agent that is said to relieve the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- Exercise ability – Bodybuilders use Flaxseed Oil to increase stamina and to speed recovery from exercise (thought to be due to its anti-oxidant properties and its anti-inflammatory effect).
- Cell health – Omega-3 and omega-6 EFA’s stabilise and strengthen cell membranes. Unhealthy or leaky cells are the basis of many problems including allergies, psoriasis and other inflammatory diseases.
- Moods – Male and female mood improves with EFA supplementation.
This information has been provided to inform customers only. It is not intended for use to diagnose, treat or cure disease; nor to provide medical advice. If in doubt consult a qualified practitioner.
- Flaxseed Oil is probably the best source of omega-3 EFA’s containing 58% alpha linolenic acid (ALA), the highest amount of any product.
- Flaxseed Oil also comprises 15% of the omega-6 EFA linoleic acid and 17% of the omega-9 fatty acid oleic acid. Flaxseed Oil is a rich source of lignans which have been shown to help relieve menopausal hot flushes and to have antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral functions.
CONTRA-INDICATIONS / PRECAUTIONS
- Use during Pregnancy
- Use when breast-feeding
- Artificial Flavours
- Colours & Preservatives
- Yeast & Gluten
Suitable for all ages but it is advised to reduce dosage according to age and weight.
Shipping / Delivery
At Snooty Catz we pick and pack every day Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). As we stock all items this usually means your goods will be dispatched the same day if ordered by 1pm. For orders placed after 1pm they will be shipped the next working day.
UK Mainland (Orders over £20) Transit time 2-4 Working Days FREE Delivery
UK Mainland (Orders over £19.99) Transit time 2-4 Working Days Delivery Charge - £2.95
Express Shipping* Transit time 1-2 Working Days Delivery Charge - £4.95
*Cut Off time for Express Shipping is 1pm and does not include Weekends or Bank Holidays. If you live in Scottish Highlands, Scottish Isles, Ireland & Channel Islands please call for a price for express delivery.
Please note all orders placed after 1pm on Friday, will be dispatched the following Monday unless it’s a Bank Holiday.
We ship orders as quickly as possible but once the item has left our dispatch team we have no control over delivery delays. We have provided the delivery times above as a guide only – they are estimates given by the mail carrier and are not guaranteed times.