We are excited to say we are participating in the Terracycle recycling programme.
TerraCycle is an innovative recycling company and a global leader in recycling typically hard-to-recycle waste.
A Brief History of TerraCycle
TerraCycle was founded in 2001 by Tom Szaky, then a student at Princeton University, on a mission towards eliminating the Idea of Waste. From these humble beginnings TerraCycle has grown into the global leader in collecting and repurposing hard-to-recycle waste: operating in over 20 countries, engaging over 60 million people, and recycling billions of pieces of waste through various innovative platforms.
TerraCycle reuses, upcycles and recycles waste instead of incinerating or landfilling it. This moves waste from a linear system to a circular one, allowing it to keep cycling in our economy.
How does it Work
• We’ve joined the programs that were available, see below for waste we can collect.
• We place empty boxes in our shop for you to drop off your waste.
• Once we reach the required amount we send this to TerraCycle
• Terracycle then reward us with points that can be donated to Charities
Charities We Hope to Support With Your Help
• Thornberry Animal Sanctuary
• Orangutan Appeal UK
• Global Penguin Society conservation charity (Weleda)
Our Current Terracycle Collection Programmes
The Lily’s Kitchen Recycling Programme – Click here to see full details
The RB® Hygiene Home Recycling Programme – Click here to see the full details
The Weleda Recycling Programme – Click here to see the full details
If you want to find the full list of programmes available you can check this on the TerraCycle Website.
A look behind the scenes at TerraCycle’s European operations from package received at our warehouse to final (recyclable) product.