Clove leaf essential oil is extracted by steam distillation from the leaves, stem, and buds of the Eugenia caryophyllata tree, which is native to Indonesia and the Malacca islands.
- Considered valuable for relieving respiratory problems.
- Used to treat mouth ulcers, toothache, and as a breath freshener since ancient times.
- In aromatherapy, this essential oil stimulates the mind and acts as an aphrodisiac.
- Removes mental exhaustion and fatigue and induces sleep in insomniacs.
This is a potent oil with a warm, strong, spicy smell and needs to be used very diluted and with much care in aromatherapy.
- Cloves were popularly used in ancient India and China.
- Believed that ancient Chinese medicine used cloves to treat indigestion, diarrhoea, hernia, athlete’s foot, and fungal infections.
- One of the first spices to be traded.
- Arab traders are said to have introduced cloves to Europe during the days of the Roman Empire
How to use Essential oils
- Diffusion: Use an essential oil diffuser or oil burner to disperse the aroma of your chosen oil into the air.
- Topical Application: Dilute essential oils with a carrier oil and apply them to your skin.
- Inhalation: Inhaling the aroma of essential oils directly from the bottle or by adding a few drops to a tissue.
- Bath: Add a few drops of essential oil to your bathwater for a soothing and aromatic bath experience.
- Aromatherapy Jewelry: Wear diffuser jewelry, such as bracelets or necklaces with absorbent pads, designed to hold essential oils.
Clove leaf Essential Oil Extraction Method – Steam Distillation
Suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians This product has not been tested on animals.
Bottled in the UK Size 10ml
See our full range of Aromatherapy Essential Oils for more amazing natural scents.
Follow us on Instagram @snootycatz for more inspiration.