The essential oil of the rosemary herb is steam distilled from the flowers, stems and leaves of the plant. According to the British Pharmacopoeia, the oil distilled from the flowering tops is superior to that obtained from the stem and leaves, which is where nearly all commercial oil are said to be distilled.
The smell of rosemary essential oil is woody and herbal and is used in aromatherapy to refresh and stimulate the mind.
- This oil is helpful to treat wounds, burns, colds, flu, fatigue, digestive trouble, headaches, asthma, bronchitis, gout, rheumatism, liver and gallbladder problems, water retention and poor circulation.
- For a massage, rosemary oil is often mixed with a base oil or two like almond, apricot kernel or hazelnut oil.
- It is good for hair as it is said to increase circulation to the scalp and promote hair growth.
- Never use this oil internally, and avoid it if you’re pregnant or suffer from high blood pressure or epilepsy.
- Rosemary was well known and used in the ancient world.
- It was believed to improve memory, so it became a symbol of fidelity and was used in weddings, funerals and other religious ceremonies.
- A sprig of rosemary was tied beautifully with ribbons and handed to wedding guests as a symbol of love and loyalty.
- ‘Hungary water,’ made of fresh rosemary tops soaked in wine for a few days was made for the Queen of Hungary and is said to have cured her of paralysis.
How to use Essential oils
- Diffusion: Use an essential oil diffuser or oil burner to disperse the aroma of your chosen oil into the air.
- Topical Application: Dilute essential oils with a carrier oil and apply them to your skin.
- Inhalation: Inhaling the aroma of essential oils directly from the bottle or by adding a few drops to a tissue.
- Bath: Add a few drops of essential oil to your bathwater for a soothing and aromatic bath experience.
- Aromatherapy Jewelry: Wear diffuser jewelry, such as bracelets or necklaces with absorbent pads, designed to hold essential oils.
Suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians This product has not been tested on animals.
Extraction Method – Steam Distillation Bottled in the UK
Rosemary Essential Oil Size 10ml
See our full range of Aromatherapy Essential Oils for more amazing natural scents.
Follow us on Instagram @snootycatz for more inspiration.