Patchouli Essential Oil 10ml
Extracted from the Pogostemon cablin plant of the mint family and has a rich musky-sweet, spicy smell.
Vegan – Cruelty Free – Bottled in the UK
One Tree planted for every order placed. Free Tracked Delivery for orders over £25
Patchouli essential oil is extracted from the Pogostemon cablin plant of the mint family and has a rich musky-sweet, spicy smell. The plant is native to Malaysia and India, where it is known as ‘puchaput’.
The word patchouli is derived from Tamil ‘pachchai ilai’ meaning, simply, ‘green leaf.’ Patchouli oil is extracted from the young leaves, which are dried and fermented before steam distillation. This oil improves its fragrance and power with age.
Uses of Patchouli Essential Oil
- In eastern countries, patchouli oil is used in potpourris and sachets between linen and clothes for the fragrance as well as to keep bedbugs and insects away.
- When used in an oil burner, it eases anxiety and depression.
- Used in bath water, it is believed to help skin and scalp complaints, fungal infections, fluid retention, break down cellulite and ease constipation.
- It has excellent tissue regenerating properties, speeds up healing and fights infections.
- Thus, it helps acne, eczema, weeping sores, ulcers, and athlete’s foot
- It seems that patchouli was placed between Indian cashmere shawls before being sent to Victorian England, to protect the merchandise from moths.
- Without this signature smell of dried patchouli leaves, the shawls could not be sold in England.
- In Europe and America, patchouli oil and incense was immensely popular in the 1960s and 70s among the hippies, since the smell of patchouli covered body odour and the smell of burnt cannabis.
- Patchouli was used as a hair conditioner for dreadlocks. In many Asian countries, patchouli is also used as an antidote to snakebite.
Suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians This product has not been tested on animals
Extraction Method – Steam Distillation
Patchouli Essential Oil Size 10ml
See our full range of Aromatherapy Essential Oils for more amazing natural scents.
Delivery and Plastic-free Packaging
We like to be efficient, orders received before 1 pm Monday to Friday are dispatched the same day. We offer FREE TRACKED UK DELIVERY on all orders over £25. See our delivery page for more delivery options.
We care about the environment and that is why all Snooty Catz orders are delivered in eco-friendly and 100% plastic free packaging.
One Tree Planted for Every Order Placed!
As an ethical business, it’s important to us that we do everything possible to reduce our impact on the environment and reduce our carbon footprint. This is why we have partnered with Ecologi and we will plant one tree for every order placed. You can see how many trees there are in the Snooty Catz forest on our Egologi page.
Follow us on Instagram @snootycatz for epic updates, comps, and eco-friendly inspiration.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
At Snooty Catz we pick and pack every day Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). As we stock all items this usually means your goods will be dispatched the same day if ordered by 1pm. For orders placed after 1pm they will be shipped the next working day.
Free UK Mainland (Orders over £25) Transit time 2-4 Working Days FREE Delivery
Standard UK Mainland (Orders under £24.99) Transit time 5-7 Working Days Delivery Charge - £2.95
Tracked UK Mainland (Orders under £24.99) Transit time 2-4 Working Days - £3.95
Express Shipping* Transit time 1-2 Working Days Delivery Charge - £5.95
*Cut Off time for Express Shipping is 1pm and does not include Weekends or Bank Holidays. If you live in Scottish Highlands, Scottish Isles, Ireland & Channel Islands please call for a price for express delivery.
Please note all orders placed after 1pm on Friday, will be dispatched the following Monday unless it’s a Bank Holiday.
We ship orders as quickly as possible but once the item has left our dispatch team we have no control over delivery delays. We have provided the delivery times above as a guide only – they are estimates given by the mail carrier and are not guaranteed times.